Area businesses are invited to learn how to reduce risk, cut costs and increase profits at the Illinois Small Business Development Center International Training Center workshop, “Export Compliance 201,” from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, July 25. The event will be held at the Illinois SBDC International Trade Center at Western Illinois University – Quad Cities Campus, 3300 River Drive, Building B – Room 1102, Moline, Ill.
Presented by Allocca Enterprises, this program will help your company be in full compliance with a whole host of U.S. export/import regulations.
Workshop topics include:
- Discovering and understanding the six ways to export/import duty-free
- Determining the country of origin vs. marking the origin
- Exporting samples, warranties, repoairs and replacements
- Proper Customs valuation as well as transfer pricing with related partners
- Evaluation of three drop-shipment scenarios with proper Customs values and documents available
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Successor liability and how this affects you
Who should attend?
Traffic managers, purchasing managers, sales department, shipping/receiving personnel, compliance officers, financial officers, sales managers, customer service managers, and anyone involved or concerned with international shipments
Cost is $50 per person; registration is required to secure a seat. Limited space is available. Fee includes all workshop materials, morning coffee and pastries and lunch. Call Erin Wherley at (309) 298-2304 with questions. Register by July 18 at http://www.iira.org/event-registration/?ee=18.
Want more in-depth training to learn how to increase your export sales?
The Hub is currently seeking businesses wanting to learn how to take advantage of growth opportunities in global markets through the ExporTech™ export training program. Valued at $6,000, the training will be provided at no cost as part of the Illinois Defense Industry Adjustment (DIA) Program, of which the Hub is a part. On average, participating companies generate $770K in new export sales.