Quad Cities Week is a pilot program being launched by The Network: Young Professionals of the Quad Cities, the Chamber's young professionals group. The celebration, coming April 29 - May 3, 2013 is designed to inspire excitement about the Quad Cities region. It's your chance as a business leader and Quad Citian to tell others why this is a great place to run your business and to live. It's a forum to bring about the things we value in Milan and Davenport, Eldridge and Rock Island and everywhere in between.
Here's how you can get involved April 29-May 3:
- Use the hashtag #QuadCitiesWeek on Twitter and tweet about the Quad Cities
- Change the cover photo on your Facebook account to the designated Quad Cities Week image. Download the cover photo for businesses here and individuals here.
- Highlight stories of businesses and people making the Quad Cities a better place, and update your status daily throughout the week on Facebook
- Write a letter to the editor of our local newspapers outlining what you value about being in the Quad Cities
- Put a Quad Cities Week yard sign outside of your business, or if you company has an electronic sign, highlight Quad Cities Week
- Create your own way to celebrate the excitement of Quad Cities Week!
What others are saying. . .
"We know that the sum of our parts adds up to more than the whole - that our region has the talent, diversity and amenities typical of a metropolitan city of nearly a half million residents. By embracing this one community, we can better tout our resources to the world and work together to make the Quad Cities an even better place to live, work and play. As part of its support of our unified community, KJWW has incorporated "Quad Cities" into its official corporate headquarters address. We are proud to have lived and worked in the Quad Cities for over 50 years, and we want the world to know it.
I invite you to participate in Quad Cities Week and show your pride in our community!"
Paul VanDuyne, president, KJWW Engineering & Consultants